1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please get a better anti-heat and stop false banning legit players

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussions' started by Altercating, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Altercating

I understand that i will most likely get a lot of hate for this but anyway here goes. I have been finding more and more recently that this server, although good, lacks many of the basic needs:

1) The anti-cheat:
    So if the mods ever bothered to go on their own server they would notice the fact that (on ffa especially) there are numerous amounts of hackers on. This ranges from simple kill-aura to insane b-hop. Every time i'm left thinking '...how...'. Furthermore, hackers have been able to bypass this too. I couldn't code an anti-cheat s i wont talk shit about that area. However, i believe that the Spain developers could do more ensuring the server is safe from hackers...

2) Moderators:
    I'm not aiming this at all mods as i think a lot of them do their job correctly and efficiently. However, i rarely see mods on (the ffa especially again) and this becomes a problem for many reasons. Obviously hackers are allowed to roam freely around because the anti-cheat is too awful to ban them. However, also the lack of mods means glitches of all sorts can also be abused. I think if you become a mod it is your job to constantly be on the server helping people out. I understand they have lives too however if you cant be committed don't become one in the first place..

3) False bans:
    This one speaks for itself. I've been false banned 2 times now. Just getting banned again for permanent supposedly this time... This is what i meant when i say get mods with some skill at the game too, not sweaty little nerds who just wanna impress their owner or admin boss or whatever..

Rant over, thank you for taking your time to read this. I mean no disrespect towards any staff or players i just simply wish for this server to become better.
    Altercating

Attached Files:

#1 Altercating, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 7:48 PM
  2. Wolfy

Staff Member

Hello there!

1. We all know that the anti-cheat is not good right now and it needs to be updated.

2. Moderators are always in-game but they are vanished so hackers can't see us when we are on and don't forget that we are always humans and we can't stay on the server 24/7. If you don't see moderators in game you can join our TeamSpeak/Discord and you can ask them a question there.

3. If you were banne unfairly you can dispute your ban here: http://spainpvp.com/forums/punishment-disputes.27/ using this template: http://spainpvp.com/threads/punishment-dispute-template.907/ .

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    _NoHacksJustPvP: 5 Points (gud mod) Apr 15, 2018
    TheCaptainSleepy likes this.
  3. Altercating

Thanks for the advice ill go in ts more and discord. Just hope you understand i was trying to be more constructive than mean.

4. ItsJustCoffee

ItsJustCoffee Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hello there!

I just finished reading of your thread. However, I disagree with you in some parts. For example:
    I think that we do our job correctly, at least we are doing our best. Being a moderator is not easy job, you must be there always to help people and sometimes when you have to choose between real life things and moderating, you must choose moderating. For example, I am the moderator who is really doing my best to be there as much as possible, and there are a lot of other moderators who really do their best. However, we can't be there 24/7, we are just humans and nothing more than that (as @Wolfy said). And I want to say one more thing, when you report someone, it really helps us a lot, telling us that someone is breaking a rule helps us to deal with it. And keep in mind, we check every single report even if it does maybe look like we don't.

About false bans I won't say that much. Of course, there are false bans and there will always be (Like on every other minecraft server). Moderators and console make false bans. However, if you get false banned by moderator (which doesn't happen every day), then it is easy to get unbanned and everything you have to do is to make dispute. If you get false banned by our AntiCheat, it is almost impossible to get unbanned sadly because often, Console doesn't make false bans. As @Wolfy said, you can make a dispute but keep in mind, if you don't have any evidence where you can show us that you were not hacking, chances for unban are very low.

And I will agree about the "AntiCheat" part. It is not bad but it really needs update and I hope it will happen soon.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to answer on your question as fast as possible. Have a nice day!

#4 ItsJustCoffee, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  5. Altercating

Thank you for taking your time to reply to me.
    Listening and reading all these reply's I agree that maybe I was a bit harsh on some things I said. However, i meant to further reinforce that i meant no disrespect to any staff member as i understand that it is tough to run a server. Again thank you for making me more aware of this and I shall try to offer further help in the future.
    Altercating :)

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    _NoHacksJustPvP: 5 Points Apr 15, 2018
  6. IlicMaster

I personally understand you. But, I think that the Moderators are doing their best to keep this server/network alive and that is the only thing I do not aggree with you.

Altercating likes this.
  7. Altercating

IlicMaster likes this.